Safety & Security
Checking and managing
” WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL STANDARDS OF THE YACHT BEING MANAGED “
The Floating Life Safety & Security Team is in charge of checking and managing all activities and files related to national and international safety standards. We are responsible for all standards of the Yacht being managed.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE
- Offering a service of 24/7 emergency response, appointing a Designated Person Ashore (DPA), to handle all critical situation
- Operating following the ISO 9001:2015 standards to ensure the quality of our services
- Organising periodic emergency drills to ensure the readiness of reaction of the crew
- Providing the Safety Management System (SMS) manual, to ensure the high quality and safety standard
FLAG & CERTIFICATION
Given the large and increasing volume of certifications required on-board Yachts, we verify their compliance with relevant rules and regulations, we support in the proper maintenance of all certifications, we offer guidance to Captains and Crew on all technical aspects related to flag state and classification issues. We liaise and maintain relationships with Flag Authorities for the Yacht.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE
- Checking lists and maintenance deadlines
- Checking safety equipment and maintenance certifications safety equipment
- Checking the Statutory and Class certification expiry dates through our “I-FL”
- Conducting regular audits with Flag Administration to obtain the renewal of the certificates
- Handling of all activities related to Flag State compliance and Classification Society requirements
- Issuing and renewing of Merchant Shipping Medical Scales, if required by the Flag Authority
- Liaising with Class and Flag State surveyors and Flag Administrations
- Monitoring standard and safety procedures
The Mini-ISM is a safety management system based on the ISM Code, but particularly tailored to Yachts over 24-meter and under 500GT.
MCA LY3 Annex 2 Mini ISM is required to be maintained for Yachts under 500GT.
We ensure safety, to prevent human injury or loss of life to avoid damages to the environment, in particular the marine environment, and the Yachts. Many of the items listed are “operational” and our role is to put in place systems and support to assist the Captain in carrying out many of his functions. We also monitor Captain and Crew in their daily operations of the Yacht.
The system in place is monitored through:
- A system of monthly returns from the Yacht designed to highlight deficiencies and ensure that best practices are applied
- A general security assessment of basic good practice
- Two on-board audits per year carried out by our” Designated Person Ashore” (DPA)
” CHOOSE THE SERVICE YOU NEED “